Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Matthew Robbins- Visiting Artist I

Matthew Robbins is working as an interior designer in New York. He got to where he is now because of the connections that he had but more importantly his charisma and ability to communicate articulated concepts.

It can get hard to speak in front of people but Robbins is able to walk into a room and get what he needs from the audience and understand how to expand upon his process. His back ground in fine arts, he keeps his roots in the institutional process of MCA. Robbins has gotten to where he is because he knows how to adapt his personal vision into narratives that evoke emotional responses. Often through photography, documentation, we can see a glimpse into the beauty he paints. Being at one of his events must be something that is truly memorable.

I got to have a critique with Matthew and his friend Jack. It was a lot of fun getting to hear what other folks had to say about my work. I showed them Dick Solomon's music videos that I have on store for now. You can check them out on vimeo. Search dick solomon or jorge soto la marina, I only showed rain for winsday and self created problems. The critique went well, they both were able to appreciate the aesthetic that I have been developing and the insight they gave me was enlightening. It was a memorable experience that helped to give me perspective on my personal narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment